Friday, April 22, 2011

Grace

Grace...it's such a simple word...grace. I find, I have been fascinated with grace, since I was in my early teens. What is grace? By definition, it is undeserved love or salvation. I love that! Everyone should be filled with JOY when they hear that simple little word, grace. Grace reached out across the span of time and yanked me out of hell. Grace revealed itself on Calvary's Cross, all those years ago. Grace has set me free. Grace longs to do the same for you. Where did this grace come from? A man, called Jesus. The very son of God. He looked down from the throne room of Heaven and saw me. He saw a girl undeserving of love or salvation and he was moved with compassion for me.

Compassion, another word I have been fascinated with for years. I'm not sure, if you look this one up what the dictionary has to say, but I know a great man of God who taught me that compassion is love in action. Compassion is seeing someone else in a pitiful state and being so full of love for them that it moves us into action on their behalf.

Compassion. He was moved with compassion for me. He left behind the glory of Heaven, he took on humanity in all it's frailty and weakness. He did it for me. He did it with a heart full of compassion. He did it to extend an offer of grace. A gift given freely, but not without great cost to himself. He was beaten, spit upon, cursed, nailed to a cross. He died for me. In my place, the son of the living God. He was laid in a tomb and visited Hell for me. Then, he rose victorious, triumphantly, ready to extend grace to me. Many, many years later, all I had to do was cry out to him. To call out in my sick, sin filled state for grace. The Bible tells us there is no other name in heaven or on earth by which man can be saved. So, I cried out to Jesus for grace and it was freely given.

Why am I sharing this here? I must. I must tell you that I have been saved by grace, through the blood of Jesus Christ. I want you to come with me to Heaven. I want you to live a life abandoned to the cross of Jesus. Passionately pursuing his heart while you're here on earth, so that one day when the time comes you will stand with me before him and hear the words, "This one's mine." It's what I'm living for, grace, a gift freely given. A gift that takes the undeserving, the unloved and adds them to the family of God. We each need to be adopted into this family. It is the most important thing we will ever do, so, I invite you to experience the fullness of God's grace. Confess your sins, ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life and join the family.

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment