Friday, April 13, 2012

Faith Walking...

How can we walk by faith and not by sight? First, we must know who God is and what His promises are. Promises like the one in Psalms 91:14-16. It's a promise with a condition. The condition is we must love God and hold onto Him with all of our lives. We must be "all in" for the King and His Glory. When you read on and learn the reward, the kept promise of God for such obedience, it truly does become easier to walk in FAITH.

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!"


So the question becomes not "How can we walk by faith and not by sight?" but, "How can we not?" Do you believe the promises of God are yes and amen? I do! Every assurance He gives in His word is already a kept promise on His part. Please, walk in the promises of God, today. Don't hesitate to go where He guides, to speak words of love prompted by Him, to feed the poor, to care for the orphan, the widow, the homeless, the destitute. When you begin to do these things God promises a "full life in the emptiest of places" (Isaiah 58:11).

I know a good place to start giving care to the orphans. I even know some orphans, who desperately need care. Each of these is waiting and God's promises are "yes and amen" for them as well. We are His hands and feet and with the full assurance of our God's faithfulness how can we not walk by faith into our calling? Is God calling you to bring one of these home? I pray, that you'll ask Him sincerely and then put on your FAITH FEET and get to walking!


 Ivan



Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...Do Something!

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment