Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful for my MAN!

I'm so thankful, I've made it to day 6 in my month of "Things I'm Thankful for..." I'm thankful, today, for a Godly husband. I have no idea where I'd be without Marty. I'm thankful, he's the kind of man who listens when God speaks. He works hard, plays hard and loves well. He is the best Daddy my kids could ever have.

God knew, I would need a man who was very, very patient and he gave me Marty. The most patient, slow to anger, person I know. He serves others with excellence. Though we joke that he would only take a bullet for me if it wasn't fatal, I know he would lay down his life for me or any one of our 4 children. He is quick not only to demonstrate his love for us, but to verbalize it. He says, "I love you." more often than anyone I know.

Marty laughs when I get all worked up about some trivial thing and I laugh, too. After being married for nearly 12 years, he is my best friend. There is no one else I'd rather spend my time with. When he's working, we miss his presence in our home. My kids sleep through the night on any given night, but let Daddy be working third shift and into my bed they come. He is our security, our safe place. His arms are always open to us. I am blessed that he chose me to share a lifetime with. So, today, I am thankful for Marty, the one I love.

(He's going to kill me for posting this)

Blessings,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment