Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our Highest Calling

What is our highest calling? According to Jesus it is to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." and "Love your neighbor as yourself."

The words of Jesus bring two pressing questions to my mind, "Who are we loving?" and "How are we loving them?" Do we love God? Sure. Most of this country professes Christianity, we believe in God, we love God, but do we really love HIM? Are we loving Him with ALL of our heart, soul and mind? I don't think we are. What would the world we live in look like if we were loving God the way He's called us to love Him? We were created to love, worship and serve our Creator. I know, that's not popular in some circles, but it is ABSOLUTE TRUTH! Here's what our love should look like...

"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that." Ephesians 5:1-2

Love like that. What does that look like? It's a love that spends itself for the least of these. A love that sheds tears and blood, that spends it's money, it's time, it's talent, it's rest on behalf of the defenseless, the widow, the orphan. A love that's extravagant, it's not just giving a little bit of ourselves, but spending our lives in service to God. I'm tired of walking on the edges of love, of just getting my feet wet. I want to love like Jesus. I want to be extravagant in my giving, sharing, loving. I want to walk in my highest calling.

Do you want to walk with me? Will you walk with me? I'm going. I'm going to walk wherever He leads. I'm going to love whoever He places in my path. I may even seek them out. I'm going to give until it hurts. I'm going to make much of Jesus. I'm going to shine a light that points to the love of Jesus. For the King and His glory, I'm going to Do Something and I'm not going to stop when it gets hard.

No turning back...

Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...Do Something!

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment