Friday, March 9, 2012

Autumn's First Choice Children

I am always amazed by the people God has brought into our lives on this adoption journey. Possibly one of the most amazing women, I've run across to date is Autumn. I don't know Autumn very well, but I want to share what I do know about her with you and then, I'm going to ask you to dig deep and help this young Mom bring her First Choice Children home!

Why do I think Autumn deserves our help? I'll tell you. Autumn is a young, single woman, who is choosing to answer the call to care for the orphan. Autumn has supported children through Compassion International, since she received her first paycheck as a young adult. Compassion is near and dear to our hearts, too. We've sponsored a child through them for the past 4 and 1/2 years. If you're looking for a way to be involved in orphan care, this is a great way to help.

Autumn is also serving our country in the US Air Force. I know, I have some military families reading my blog. If you serve in the military your job doesn't really dictate your pay. So, even though Autumn is a doctor, she's not receiving anything close to the pay she would receive as a civilian doctor. I have thoughts on this subject, but that's another blog post, entirely. Aside from wanting to help with the orphan crisis, I believe that helping Autumn is a tangible way of saying, "Thank you for your service." I believe that there are many people like myself, who look for ways to bless a military family for their service and sacrifice, here's a way we can do just that.

A little over a year ago, Autumn committed to bringing home her children. She committed to becoming a single Mom to two beautiful kids. She chose adoption first! That is a beautiful thing, friends, and because of her choice, two precious children are coming home to their forever family.

She has walked this path on her own, until now. Somehow, we all missed Autumn's need until recently. God impressed on my heart the need to contact Autumn and ask about her funding. It turns out she's not fully funded and she could use our help. She is scheduled to travel in a few short weeks to pick up her kids.

We started a 1 of 100 facebook event for Autumn, asking for 100 people to give a gift of $25 to Autumn and her first choice children. Will you join us in helping Autumn bring her kids home? You can go to the event and invite your friends. You can share this post on your facebook wall or blog. You can go here to Autumn's Family Sponsorship Page on Reece's Rainbow and give a gift.

All I ask is that you do what you CAN!

Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...Do Something!

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment