Saturday, August 11, 2012

Nastya's Day!

I've been sharing a lot of our story, lately. God showed me, today, what doing your part can look like. So often, people say, "I couldn't do what you're doing." Well, maybe you can and maybe you can't, that's between you and Jesus, but I stand firmly behind the belief that you CAN do something! Today, I watched as my beautiful friend, along with her equally beautiful Mama, sister and daughter hung out in the heat wearing t-shirts with a little orphan girl's face on the front. This little girl, Nastya, has stolen my friend, Sabrina's heart. She loves her and, so now, her whole family loves Nastya.



What could they do? Sabrina began months ago, organizing today. She submitted the forms to secure her spot at the festival. She contacted Reece's Rainbow about magnets and information to hand out. She found people to donate prizes to encourage our community to give to Nastya's grant. She blogged her heart out over on her blog God's Little Princess. She truly loves little Nastya. Can we honor that? Can we all go and give a little to her chip-in? You may win a prize, you may not, but you will bless my friend's efforts to help Nastya find a family. Sabrina longs to see Nastya be chosen and she knows a larger grant can help.



Maybe God is weaving Nastya's story into the fabric of our community. Maybe she has a Mommy and Daddy, who saw her picture, today and had their breath taken-away. Maybe God has another plan for Nastya. Either way, I know, His heart was glad today, to see Sabrina answer the command to love the orphans.


We CAN all do something!

Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...Do Something!

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

1 comment: