Friday, March 25, 2011

Forever Family Friday

I spent some time this morning scrolling through the faces of Reece's Rainbow. I was praying and asking God to show me the "right" one to bring you, today. I wasn't surprised to hear his voice quietly correcting me, saying, "There is no wrong one." I hear you, Lord. They all have desperate need for a family, for a home, for love and laughter.

That being said I am going to bring you one child and hope that by showing him off here, his Mommy and Daddy will see him and fall in love. Then they will move mountains to get to him. Why do I believe this is possible? Mostly because I serve a BIG God. He's in the restoration business. He's still God of the universe, very much able to do exceedingly, abundantly above anything little old me could dream of asking for. So, with a heart full of hope, I bring you, Darren.



Isn't he just the sweetest boy? I look at him and I see a boy who needs a Mommy. a Mommy to clean his little face and then kiss his chubby cheeks. I imagine him fresh from the tub, wrapped in a towel and smelling sweet the way freshly scrubbed littles do. I imagine him dirty and sweaty from a hard day playing in the yard with his Daddy. It makes me want to snatch him up and breath in the sunshine and sweat that brings JOY to a Mommy's heart. The JOY of knowing that all is right in the world when your little boy smells like sunshine and sweat. I can hear his laughter and can almost see those sweet little hands resting gently on his Mommy's face. There's a family out there for Darren. They're going to take one look and fall madly in love. They're going to look and see the son God has waiting for them in Eastern Europe.

If you think you're Darren's family or you want to learn more about him and share his story with others, follow this link to his profile: http://reecesrainbow.org/darren4103. He already has a nice little grant that would help his family bring him home. If Darren's not your boy, please take a minute and pray and consider donating to his grant. I want to be real here and tell you the money does matter. It would be a shame for Darren's Mom and Dad to be discouraged from going to get him over money. If you can't adopt, maybe you can help fund someone's adoption and if you can't do that, you can PRAY! Pray and ask God to remove the obstacles keeping Darren from coming home. Thanks for letting me share my heart and the passion God has given me for the orphans.

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Already have fallen in love-been praying over him for some time. Pray for us-as he is one we are seriously considering and yes-money is an issue-a big one. Thank you for highlighting Darren. And yes, if we do decide to pursue him-he won't just have a daddy/mommy but 2 brothers and 2 sisters to love on him as well.

    May the Lord move mountains for your adoption too! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, that is so exciting! I think he's such a doll and would add so much JOY to a family. I'll pray for God's guidance and for Darren's swift homecoming, if he is indeed your son. Please, keep me posted. I'd love to update with Darren's family found him:)

    ReplyDelete