Tuesday, June 19, 2012

They are so WORTH it!

That's all! Really felt like I needed to say, "They are so WORTH it!" We already can't imagine life without them. Everyday, we're settling into our new "normal" a little more. We're falling more in love and learning new things about each other, some good, some not so good. We're here, though. We're right in the center of God's will for our family.

As I type, I'm waiting for dinner to finish cooking and I have one little boy sitting on the floor beside me "reading" his favorite book...

Good thing we're having Italian for dinner...

I have another who's playing with his sister, who he adores. He will inevitably interrupt me in a few with a request to go "potty." That's the thing to do when Mom looks like she's not busy. 

 He's learning most of his English while sitting on the pot.

He runs out to check every so often and blows me a kiss, just to be sure I'm still here. He's busy and fun and as boy as they come! 

That's all...they're worth it. The long journey, the lack of sleep, the new "normal." They're worth that and so much more. I can't even begin to tell you the things I've learned about God's character these past three weeks, while parenting these boys. We're so blessed to have them HOME!

Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...they're WORTH it!

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. They are so adorable!!! And I'm glad to see Mason's not the only little boy that pottys backwards! Haha love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is worth it! When I think about starting our adoption journey and feel overwhelmed by the huge TO DO I remember those words - they ARE worth it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete